Bearsden ........ 1

Doune Castle ......... 3

NEWLY crowned league champions Doune Castle recovered from the loss of an early goal to record another convincing league win.

The home side snatched the lead after 5 minutes with a disputed goal as Bearsden forward Lawrence looked offside when he latched onto a long ball.

The referee allowed play to continue and Lawrence rounded Steven Fotheringham and slotted into the empty net from 12 yards to make it 1-0.

The equaliser came after 34 minutes, when Chris Ogilvie received the ball wide on the right. He danced past the full back and drove at the retreating Bearsden backline. Ogilvie curled an inch-perfect pass into the middle of the area to the inrushing Lukasz Duszynski.

Without breaking stride, Duszynski met the ball first time to rifle an unstoppable volley high into the roof of the net from 12 yards to make it 1-1.

Two minutes after the restart, Alan More hit a right foot shot that the keeper diverted high over the bar with an instinctive stop. The Bearsden defence held firm against almost incessant Castle pressure.

Doune deservedly edged into a 2-1 lead after 78 minutes.

Sean Heaver sped down the left flank, leaving two defenders trailing in his wake. He charged to the byeline and forced his way past another challenge. Heaver squared the ball beyond Wilson to Chris Ogilvie waiting in the middle.

Ogilvie brought the ball under control before lashing the ball high into the net from 6 yards.

With the clock showing 90 minutes, Doune sealed the win with a third goal.

Colin Burke won a challenge on the half way line to head the ball forward to Sean Heaver. Heaver once more outstripped the Bearden defence and drove into the box. Heaver cut the ball back to Chris Ogilvie who had again taken up good position in the middle.

Ogilvie scooped the ball high into the net from 7 yards to make it 3-1.

Doune Castle: Fotheringham, Burns, More (Innes), Smith, Duncanson, Statter, McClure, Heaver, Duszynski (Burke), Ogilvie, McGowan Substitutes: Scott, Gallagher