Edinburgh South Vics 1

Doune Castle 6

After a goalless first 45 minutes, Doune marched into the quarterfinals of the East of Scotland Cup with a powerful second half performance.

South Vics took advantage of the gale at their backs to peg Doune back for long spells.

Richard Smith came close with a nearly header before ESV struck the bar with an effort from 12 yards. The home keeper then made a series of decent saves to deny the Castle attack.

After 31 minutes, an ESV striker hammered a fierce drive that Steven Fotheringham did well to touch onto the bar before reacting quickly to block the follow-up header.

Having coped reasonably well with playing directly into the gale, Doune were pleased to reach the interval all square at 0-0.

Doune made the break through after 48 minutes.

Jonny Burns breached the ESV offside trap with a long ball over the backline. Alan Inglis powered forward and hooked an unstoppable volley high into the net from 16 yards to make it 1-0.

Doune edged further ahead after 60 minutes.

Kenny Feaks made the goal with a surging break from defence. He angled the ball wide ball to Alan Inglis. Inglis sprinted clear, rounded the keeper and calmly slipped the ball into the empty net from 10 yards to make it 2-0.

It was no surprise when Doune made it 3-0 after 65 minutes.

Sean Heaver sprinted through one-on-one with the keeper, drew the keeper and hammered a fierce drive high into the net from 16 yards.

Doune were now rampant and they made it 4-0 after 68 minutes.

Niall McClure drilled a fine diagonal pass to Dylan McGowan. McGowan angled a perfectly weighted pass to the back post. Alan Inglis arrived at the back post to slam home from 8 yards.

To their credit, ESV replied almost from the kick off to reduce the deficit to 4-1.

Doune quashed any thought of a fight back with a clinical fifth goal after 74 minutes. Sean Heaver slipped the ball home from 11 yards to make it 5-1.

With five minutes remaining, Lukasz Duszynski made it 6-1 with an impertinent finish.

From a throw on the right, Duszynski invited the challenge from his marker and deftly lofted the ball over him before swivelling to dinking a precise lob over the keeper and into the net off the inside of the far post.

A minute later, Duszynski almost upstaged himself with an audacious back-heel chip shot.

Doune had to withstand a tricky opening half when a determined ESV used the fierce wind to fine advantage, but failed to capitalise on their periods of pressure.

After the break, Doune dominated. They destroyed the home side with fine combination play and ruthless finishing to ease into the last eight.

Doune Castle: Fotheringham, Burns, Smith (Duncanson), Feaks, More, McGowan (Stevenson), Ogilvie, McClure (Holmes), Duszynski, Inglis, Heaver Substitute: Scott, Morrison