Doune Castle ................................... 10

Queensferry Athletic ......................... 2

DESPITE their bright start, Doune comfortably saw off Queensferry’s stubborn resistance to ease into the East Cup second round.

Queensferry took a shock lead after 5 minutes. Doune failed to cut out a simple ball through the middle, allowing their striker to slip the ball wide of Malcolm Scott from 12 yards.

Doune equalised after 15 minutes. Sean Heaver squared to Alan Inglis. Inglis took a touch before directing the ball wide of the keeper into the corner of the net from 8 yards for 1-1.

After 22 minutes, Doune took a 2-1 lead. An Alan Inglis shot rebounded to Sean Heaver. Heaver took great delight in turning the ball home from close range.

Within seconds Doune made it 3-1. Kenny Feaks sent a long ball forward to Sean Heaver. He cut the ball back across goal to Alan Inglis. Inglis calmly sent the ball into the net from 7 yards with clean side foot finish.

After 27 minutes, it was 4-1. This time Alan Inglis turned provider drilling a low ball to the back post. Sean Heaver broke clear and smashed a powerful strike home from 8 yards.

Six minutes on, Queensferry fired a corner into the heart of the six-yard area. Their striker reached the ball ahead of Malcolm Scott and nodded home from 4 yards to make it 4-2.

Doune moved 5-2 ahead after 44 minutes. Lukasz Duszynski unleashed a fierce dipping volley ricocheted off the underside of the bar. Alan Inglis hammered the rebound wide of the keeper from 8 yards.

Doune’s incessant pressure was rewarded after 51 minutes when they made it 6-2.

Alan Inglis timed his pass forward to Lukasz Duszynski to perfection. Duszynski drew the keeper before slipping the ball into the far corner of the net for a clinical finish.

Two minutes later, it was 7-2. Dylan McGowan collected wide on the right and flashed an unstoppable shot low across the keeper into the far corner of the net from 16 yards.

On the hour, Alan Inglis headed home a Sean Heaver corner to make it 8-2.

After 62 minutes, Doune made it 9-2 from the penalty spot. Sean Heaver smashed the spot kick wide of the keeper’s full-length dive and into the corner.

Doune rounded off the scoring after 87 minutes with the strike of the match.

Doune were awarded a direct free kick 24 yards out in a central position. Dylan McGowan powered a blistering, curling shot around the defensive wall to nestle high into the postage stamp corner well beyond the keeper’s despairing dive to make it 10-2.

The home side retained possession in the remaining minutes to see out the game and seal their place in the second round.

Doune Castle: Scott, Burns, Feaks, Duncanson, More, Smith (McClymont), McGowan, McClure, Duszynski, Inglis, (Burke), Heaver (Stevenson) Substitutes: Ogilvie, Morrison