St Mungo’s .................................. 3 Doune Castle ................................ 4 Goalkeeper Callum Davison was the hero for Doune Castle as his last-minute penalty save secured a dramatic 4-3 win over St Mungo’s.

Doune made it 1-0 after 13 minutes. Alan More curled a free kick from the right edge of the area towards the near post and Alan Inglis glanced home a delicate header from six yards.

The visitors doubled their advantage after 27 minutes, when Alan Inglis rifled a low shot from 23 yards that took a deflection off a defender before flying into the net at the left hand post.

Three minutes later, St Mungo’s dragged themselves back into the game, drilling home from 17 yards to make it 2-1.

Doune restored their two-goal cushion after 38 minutes.

The ball broke to Alan Inglis, who completed a first half hat trick, firing home from 12 yards, the ball again taking a slight deflection as it flashed into the net to make it 3-1.

Doune held their 3-1 lead at the interval.

The referee harshly penalised Kenny Feaks after 63 minutes and awarded the home side a penalty.

St Mungo’s took full advantage, sending Callum Davison the wrong way with the spot kick to make it 3-2.

St Mungo’s made it 3-3 after 71 minutes from a free kick that curled round the Doune defensive wall and into the net at the left hand post, beyond Callum Davison’s full-length dive.

Doune scored what was to be the winner after 78 minutes.

The ball broke awkwardly between a defender and the keeper.

Jonny Burns took advantage of the defence’s indecision, to force the ball into the unguarded net from 5 yards to make it 4-3.

Deep in added time, Doune squandered two excellent opportunities to kill the game.

But with 94 minutes on the clock, St Mungo’s squandered the best chance of all to snatch an unlikely share of the points.

Callum Davison caught the striker’s heels with his hands for a clear penalty.

St Mungo’s changed their penalty taker. He blasted the spot kick high towards the centre of the goal.

Davison dived to his left, instinctively flashed out his arm and deflected the ball high over the bar with a strong hand for a spectacular save.

The referee immediately blew for time, leaving Doune ecstatic and St Mungo’s dejected by the game’s dramatic conclusion.

Doune now look forward to facing Milton in the Caledonian League Cup Final on Friday, 30 January, at Broadwood Stadium in Cumbernauld.

Doune Castle: Davison, Innes, More, Feaks, Duncanson, McClymont (Burke), McClure, Burns, Duszynski (McGowan), Inglis, Heaver Substitutes: Scott, Stewart, Stevenson