SOMETIMES in football the script writes itself. Despite starting on the bench for his new club, there was always the feeling that Kevin O'Hara would have some kind of impact on the game.

His former manager Peter Grant eluded to it in Alloa's matchday programme, saying "after today I hope he is a fantastic success."

While Grant and his team would have needed little reminder how prolific O'Hara was, the home side could hardly have made it any easier for him.

With both teams level and the game looking like it could go either way, O'Hara entered the pitch. Seconds later, he scored with his first touch.

Jon Robertson's tame headed back-pass to Reece Willison had nowhere near enough power on it and O'Hara intercepted and lobbed the bouncing ball over the outrushing keeper.

By the time the referee blew his whistle for the last time, O'Hara ensured he would be leaving the pitch with the match ball after adding another two goals to his tally and rounding off a 4-1 victory.

Any neutrals lucky enough to be in attendance at Saturday's match would have to admit that until the visitors scored their second goal, the game was finely poised and you would have been hard pushed to say either team deserved three points more than the other.

Grant has mentioned in the past that he believes Dunfermline are one of the favourites to win the Championship this season; however, it was the home side who looked the better team for large spells of the match.

Dunfermline took the lead within the first 10 minutes of the game. Ryan Dow latched onto a Fraser Murray through ball and he took the ball around Reece Willison before passing into an empty net.

From then on, Alloa dominated possession in the middle of the pitch and enjoyed a lot of the ball. Whenever Scott Taggart or Edin Lynch found themselves with the ball, a simple pass through to either of Innes Murray or Ray Grant was always on and split the Dunfermline press. The two sitting midfielders then had time to turn and move the ball forward.

After Alloa were denied a stonewall penalty in their opening day defeat away to Greenock Morton, Grant lambasted the refereeing performance and said he hoped he'd be talking more about the football in the future and less about the officials.

However, once again his side were denied what appeared to be a strong penalty claim. Alan Trouten controlled Liam Dick's cut back and appeared have his standing leg taken but the referee ignored all claims.

With the exception of a few speculative efforts, Alloa were enjoying the ball without making the most of it. However, they got their reward on the stroke of half-time. A dangerous Alloa

cross was cleared by the Dunfermline defence however the clearance was plucked out the air by Innes Murray.

Taking a touch to settle, he whipped in a fantastic ball towards the penalty spot and Kevin Cawley sneaked in front of his man. His glancing header looped over the keeper and into the far-post to take a draw into the interval.

After the restart, Robert Thomson's header forced a save by Owain Fon Williams but Trouten couldn't finish the rebound.

Thomson then won his side a free-kick on the edge of the box with a delightful Maradona turn. Innes Murray stepped up and whipped the ball towards the far-post but it went narrowly wide.

Alloa would be left to rue their toothlessness as O'Hara took his bow at his former home just minutes later. He couldn't have asked for a better homecoming present from Jon Robertson and 10 minutes after coming on he had doubled the advantage.

With 90 minutes on the clock, another present from the home side gave O'Hara the opportunity to complete his first senior hat-trick. O'Hara crossed the ball from the left wing and instead of clearing the ball first-time, Edin Lynch took a heavy touch and then fouled the incoming Pars attacker.

Anyone who saw O'Hara play last year knows how deadly he is and with two goals under his belt, the third was inevitable.

The result leaves Alloa joint bottom of the table with no points from their opening two matches.

With this weekend's scheduled opponents Hearts instead playing the semi-final of last season's Scottish Cup, it gives Grant's side a two-week run up to prepare for the visit of Dundee.

ALLOA: Willison, Robertson, Taggart, Dick, Lynch, Murray (Buchanan 74), Grant, Cawley, Trouten, Connelly (Scougall, 63), Thomson. UNUSED SUBS: Graham, Brown, Malcolm, O'Donnell, Wilson.