Crieff and Strathearn battled to Victory in Dundee over the University Medics to set up a final day title showdown with Falkirk 2nd XV this weekend.

Stakes couldn't have been higher going into the game last weekend, as any slip up would mean Crieff losing out on potential promotion to Division 2.

So with one eye on the big game versus Falkirk 2s the following week, the Blue and Golds were determined to win this game.

Cammy Kennedy and his men had beaten the Medics only two weeks ago, but knew the Uni team are never to be taken lightly.

Crieff and Strathearn won the first points of the day when Gavin Tainsh slotted a penalty over.

This was followed by a brace of try's from his brother Andrew, who sped over the whitewash on the wing and then touched down between the sticks to allow brother Gavin to convert.

The Medics kept in touch with a well worked try of their own, but couldn't convert meaning Crieff led 17-5.

Possibly with their thoughts on the following weak, the local side lost some advantage and conceded a number of penalty's and eventually the Medics managed to score again to bring the scores closer.

Then the home team were handicapped when one of their players was yellow carded. The Blue and Golds capitalised with Ryan Flett scoring with his usual trademark surge to the try line.

The visitors needed a bonus point win and some white line fever set in however it was Cameron Kennedy who powered over the line to gain the extra point.

The Medics responded with a good try of their own but the game was won by the Blue and Golds at this stage, to make the final score Dundee Medics 12, Crieff and Strathearn 34.

So it's now down to the final days game. The Blue and Golds travel to Falkirk to take on their second string.

The local side need to win the game with a bonus point to win the league and gain promotion. Kick off is at 3pm.

Whatever happens it has been a great season for Crieff and Strathearn but to win this last game would be the cream on the cake.